Wednesday 31 January 2007

Our REASONS for losing weight

first note: If you haven't done so already, please email me your address. At the end of the challenge, I have some prizes from our sponsor - and I would like to have everyone's address so that it's a surprise! (there is not enough prizes for everyone... so please don't be disappointed if you don't get something).

A little while ago I sent an email asking people their reasons for losing weight. I thought it would be interesting for others - but also for each of us to look at ourselves and give our weight loss a purpose. I have received a number of replies... but I'm determined to increase this list!! So please, read through the list. You may recognise many reasons that you hadn't thought of before. (For me, I was particularly taken by # 30). Some of these reasons may inspire you to keep going on your weight loss journey. And after reading these - you may think of some more reasons! So please - email me with more reasons (different from the ones listed here!) Lets see how many reasons we can accumulate. I once saw a list of 1000+ reasons! I want to get there! As you can see, the replies are all anonymous. So feel free to write whatever you want! Enjoy this list.

  1. I want to have energy to do absolutely anything I can!
  2. I want to feel beautiful
  3. I want to be proud of myself
  4. I want to enjoy looking at photos of myself
  5. I want to look as good as I feel
  6. I want to get on the scales and not have to worry about the number
  7. I want to be able to walk into a store and not have to try and find something to fit
  8. I want to have confidence
  9. I want to feel that I look good, its nice to hear, but I still need to feel it myself
  10. I don't want my back to ache
  11. I don't want to have big boobs!! (but not too little either)
  12. I don't want to feel fat
  13. I don't want to have a sore neck
  14. I don't want to wear a size 18-22
  15. I don't want to be by myself. It's not like a guy is going to complete me, but it would be nice to have someone to share my live with, its not that no-one would not love me ‘cos I’m big, I just don't love myself, as I'm not happy with myself looking like this and I just don't have the confidence.
  16. I want to be a good role model for my boys
  17. I want to be healthy
  18. I don't want to get diabetes (which runs in my family)
  19. I want to have another baby
  20. I want to fit into the clothes I have been hanging onto for 9 years
  21. I want to be thin and feel attractive
  22. I want to be the best I can be
  23. I want to feel great
  24. I want to look great
  25. I want to stop having weight loss as a major focus in my life
  26. I want to put my energies into something else
  27. I want to see what I’ll look like at my ‘ideal’ weight
  28. I want to know the love of a man
  29. I want to be able to grow old
  30. I want to be respected
  31. I don't want to miss out on promotions or job opportunities
  32. I want more energy
  33. I don't want to wake up tired every day
  34. I want to be able to see my feet
  35. I want to have children
  36. I want to be able to shop anywhere
  37. I don't want people to stare at me
  38. I want people to think I look sexy
  39. I want to enjoy having pictures taken of me
  40. I want to get married
  41. I want my family to be proud of me
  42. I want to be a able to run anywhere i chose
  43. I'm sick of feeling big
  44. I'm sick of siblings telling me I have a "ghetto booty"
  45. I don't want to become a mum (not pregnant yet) and put on many many kilos
  46. I would like to associate the words svelte and slim with my body - right now that's not an option.
  47. I want to fit back into my size 12 jeans!
  48. I want to be able to wear a bikini and feel good in it!
  49. I want to feel good about myself for a change
  50. I want to be able to buy 'off the rack' clothes
  51. I want to be a role model for overweight family members (if I can do it, so can you)
  52. I want to be in control of my eating habits
  53. I want to be healthy for the rest of my life
  54. I don't want to be fat and 40, I want to be fit and 40
  55. I want to be a personal trainer
  56. I don't want to become diabetic (as my sister is at age 36 and my grandparents were)
  57. I want to run and play with my children.
  58. I want to wear my size 10 clothes on again.
  59. I want to wear my bikini.
  60. To play with my son and not get out of breath
  61. To learn to run
  62. To wear "skinny girl" clothes
  63. So my "muffin top" belly doesn't hang over my pants
  64. To be healthy
  65. To be attractive
  66. So that I look good in swimmers
  67. So that I like what I see in the mirror
  68. So my boobs get smaller (hopefully)
  69. To get rid of my "tuck shop lady" arms
  70. I want to feel more attractive
  71. I want to be able fit into a size 12 easily
  72. I want to have more energy
  73. I want my partner to see me back in a size 12 looking good again
  74. I want to stop feeling uncomfy in public places
  75. I want to feel more confident in myself
  76. I want to be happier
  77. I want to be healthier
  78. I want to play more with the kids
  79. I want to buy sexy clothes :)
  80. I want to have energy to play with my son
  81. I want to get pregnant again
  82. I want to feel attractive
  83. I want to wear size 10 pants
  84. I want my husband to be proud of me
  85. I want to enjoy looking at photos of myself
  86. I want to look as good as I feel
  87. I want to prevent heart attack and stroke (as my mum & grandma had)
  88. I don't want my feet to ache when I wake up in the mornings
  89. I don't want my back to ache
  90. I want my husband to put his arms around me
  91. I want to buy clothes off the rack without trying them on
  92. I don't want my kid/s to be embarrassed when I take them to school (in the future)
  93. I don't want my stomach to ooze over all my waistbands
  94. I want to wear jeans that flatter my body
  95. I want a waist that is smaller than my husbands
  96. I want to have sex with the lights on
  97. I want to get into the Weight Watchers or Slimming magazine as a "success story"
  98. I want to become a Life Time Member at Weight Watchers
  99. I want to wear my first ever pair of size 10 jeans
  100. I want to be fit and healthy for when I fall pregnant with our first child
  101. I want to wear skirts without needing a 'girdle' or 'control' undies
  102. I want to wear strapless dresses & tops
  103. I don't want to look like the Michellin woman
  104. I want to think like a healthy person. ie: where it not 'hard work' to say no/exercise
  105. I don't want to crave KFC, Maccas or Hungry Jacks when I drive past
  106. I want to do a triathlon and not worry about it killing me